NEWPORT BEACH, CA - Jockimo Inc. introduces anti-slip glass flooring and glass stair treads that seem to trick nature. Walk across water or air, when it comes to design elements, it is difficult to imagine anything more dramatic than Jockimo's structural glass floor. Glass flooring allows light to flood into a room creating a sense of space and depth that no other material can offer. A stunning addition to any decor, Jockimo glass flooring provides a beautiful and inspiring focal point.
A stunning addition to any decor, Jockimo glass flooring provides a beautiful and inspiring focal point to any project.
Featured on HGTV, Jockimo’s GlassGrit™ anti-slip glass flooring is UL approved in accordance with UL 410 standard for slip resistance of floor surface materials. Jockimo also offers an ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) required contrasting strip on the nosing of stair treads.
No Nonsense Safety
Jockimo Inc.’s product line is known for its ingenuity and safety. Jockimo's GlassGrit™ and GlassFrit™ anti-slip walking surfaces are UL approved in accordance with UL 410, standard for slip resistance of Floor Surface Materials. They exceed the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements. The glass panels are made of structurally laminated glass to provide maximum strength and safety. Energy efficient glass flooring is available for exterior applications.
Customizable to Leave a Lasting Impression
Jockimo™ glass floor are available in an array of colors or can be customized upon request. Custom shapes, thicknesses as well as custom interlayers are also available. Jockimo offers many products that can be offered in conjunction with glass flooring. These include hologram glass, cast glass, dichroic glass, antique mirrors and more.
Rules of Thumb
Jockimo "rules of thumb" when considering glass flooring:
- Safety should be the #1 concern when discussing glass flooring.
- Only UL tested and approved anti-slip glass surfaces should be used. (Request documentation to verify authenticity.)
- Work only with an experienced manufacturer/supplier. (Ask for references and remember - safety is of #1 importance.)
- A structural engineer must be used to determine the make up of the glass panels.
- Daylighting - glass should allow for the maximum amount of light to pass. (*The use of opaque anti-slip material should be avoided.)
- Privacy - in public applications an obscure product should be used so improprieties do not occur. This obscure product should still allow for light to pass through the glass.
- Product should be durable and easy to maintain.
Jockimo's glass flooring and stairs can be seen in some of the world's finest homes and commercial buildings, spas and casinos. A few of these are:
- Atlantis Bahamas Mandara Spa - glass bridge – Bahamas
- Oklahoma City Federal Building - glass bridges – OKC
- Tiffany's - MGM Las Vegas - glass flooring
- Indianapolis Zoo - glass flooring - Penguin exhibit
- Lincoln Center - exterior glass flooring - New York City
- Harrah's Casino - glass treads - New Orleans
An exciting mix of style and function, glass flooring will definitely step up the level of style on any project. Visit www.Jockimo.com today to learn more about glass flooring and glass stair treads.
Jockimo Inc. has vast expertise in developing advanced architectural products for architects and interior designers to use in their projects. Jockimo offers unique, exciting and interactive products not found anywhere else including Living Surfaces™ Liquid Lava™, holographic glass, dichroic glass, glass flooring, glass treads, antique mirrors, cast glass, and other specialty decorative glass products.
Jockimo has a background in the packaging design and printing industry working for Nestle Food Company, Colgate-Palmolive and Schering-Plough HealthCare which provided the opportunity work with some of the best marketing minds in the country. Passion for technology allowed Jockimo to develop and implement new technologies that are used today by many industries in the digital field.
In 1998 he decided to go out on his own and he co-founded Artwork in Architectural Glass (AAG). AAG began manufacturing cast glass and glass flooring products and quickly became an industry leader in the specialty art glass sector. In 2004 Jockimo realized a need for products that were more interactive and specialty in nature and in turn, he started Jockimo Inc. to address this need. The company quickly gained momentum in the industry as a leader in interactive and custom specialty glass products.
Jockimo continually develops and introduces new, exciting products to the market place. Jockimo creates the future - and can’t wait to unveil the new products that are always in the pipeline.